Standard Horizon BQ-280 Perfect Binder w/PUR Tank
Standard Horizon BQ-280
Standard Horizon's BQ-280PUR is a single clamp PUR perfect binder which offers superior binding quality and efficient operation. PUR, Polyurethane Reactive, adhesive is a polyurethane adhesive that is popular due to several factors. PUR meets the requirement of lay-flat binding for both offset and digital prints, it is unaffected by printing, varnish and extreme temperatures, and has high binding strength and durability. Superior glue application is assured with an open drum system and separate PUR spine and EVA side glue applicators that allow for production of one to one variable thickness books. All setups including glue tank, nipping width and height, carriage clamp, milling, and cover feeding can be quickly setup by inputting the book block and cover information into the large colour touch screen. Up to 200 jobs can be held in the memory and locked for additional security. The BQ-280PUR comes standard with a book thickness caliper and double feed detect ion. With digital print friendly processing, quick set-up and changeover for shorter production runs, book-of-one capability, and even in-line verification for document integrity, the BQ-280PUR provides unsurpassed production efficiency in a single clamp perfect binder.
- Single clamp perfect binder
- Book block size maximum 15.15" x 12.59"; minimum 5.32" x 4.14"
- Cover size maximum 15.15" x 25.98"; minimum 5.32" x 8.86"
- Cover weight range normal paper 82 to 302gsm; coated paper 27 to 78 lb (105 to 439gsm)
- Cover pile height maximum 2.75"
- Bind up to 2" book thickness
- Production speed up to 500 cycles per hour
- Glue temperature PUR 230ºF to 284ºF (110º to 140ºC); EVA 302ºF to 392ºF (150º to 200ºC)
- Warm-up time 60 minutes
- Offers binding with milling, binding without milling, and pad binding
- Options: smoke extractor, weekly timer, lining guide, barcode verification system, PUR glue heater, fluorine resin coating beaker, PUR tank set, melt tank stand, and flap cover binding
- 102.6" x 35.7" x 60.1" size
- 2857 lbs weight
- 200/220 V, 60 Hz
- 1-year warranty on mechanical parts and motors
- Made in Japan
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.